When it comes to your Wedding Day, make it special and… smart. How to save dollars when you tie the knot:
- Get married at the end of the off-season and avoid Saturdays.
- Take your time to get organized, prepared and well researched. That’s what long engagements are for.
- Rent a house for the wedding and for lodging.
- Have your ceremony and reception in the same place or have your reception at a restaurant.
- Consider not serving a sit-down dinner and re-think the chicken and fish options.
- Don’t feel like a wedding cake is a MUST. It can be cookies, pies, or anything sweet.